The Old Post Office

St. Louis, Missouri

Client: St. Louis U.S. Custom House and Post Office Building Associates, LP

Size: 245,000 SF

Working closely with a myriad of historic reviewing agencies, including the U.S. General Services Administration, the National Advisory Council, the Department of the Interior and the State of Missouri, the Old Post Office was redeveloped as a multi-use structure. The National Historic Landmark, built in 1872, is the sixth most historic building in GSA’s inventory and one of the few second empire buildings still in existence. The building is now occupied by the Missouri Court of Appeals, Webster University, the St. Louis Buisness Journal, St. Louis Public Library, the Attorney General and the Missouri Secretary of State.

Awards:

Retrospective of Courthouse Design, National Center for State Courts

Justice Facilities Review, AIA Academy of Architecture for Justice Knowledge Community

Merit Award, AIA St. Louis

Government Design Award, IIDA

John H. Poelker Levee Stone Award, Downtown St. Louis Partnership

Publications: