Built in 1919, The Richard C. Lee U.S. Courthouse was nearly demolished in the 1960s. The Classic Revival building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2015.
In 2019, the U.S. General Services Administration selected Trivers to complete a Historic Building Preservation Plan for the Lee Courthouse. The Building Preservation Plan Program is being developed to ensure that the material and cultural values of the US General Services Administration’s historic buildings are correctly documented, understood and treated. The purpose of the BPP is to develop exterior and interior zones to guide preservation treatment levels, identify and evaluate selected architectural elements within each zone, and to provide appropriate treatment and repair guidelines.
The BPP for the Lee Courthouse will document all areas of the building, including the site, elevations, basement, first floor, mezzanine level, second floor, third floor and penthouse.