bwd    1/7  fwd
image_0_big.jpg
image_1_big.jpg
image_2_big.jpg
image_3_big.jpg
image_4_big.jpg
image_5_big.jpg
image_6_big.jpg

The Old Post Office
St. Louis, Missouri

Client
St. Louis U.S. Custom House and Post Office Building Associates, LP
 
Size
245,000 Square Feet
 
Awards
Retrospective of Courthouse Design, National Center for State Courts
 
Justice Facilities Review, AIA Academy of Architecture for Justice Knowledge Community
 
Merit Award, AIA St. Louis
 
Government Design Award, IIDA
 
John H. Poelker Levee Stone Award, Downtown St. Louis Partnership
 
Publications
 
Working closely with a myriad of historic reviewing agencies, including the U.S. General Services Administration, the National Advisory Council, the Department of the Interior and the State of Missouri, the Old Post Office was redeveloped as a multi-use structure. The National Historic Landmark, built in 1872, is the sixth most historic building in GSA's inventory and one of the few second empire buildings still in existence. The building is now occupied by the Missouri Court of Appeals, Webster University, the St. Louis Buisness Journal, St. Louis Public Library, the Attorney General and the Missouri Secretary of State.